Sunday 21 July 2013

I am Born of a Woman

I am born of a woman, 
the salt of the nation.
Bruised and conflicted under the sun, 
that gave way to life and meaning,
wrapped around words twisted and hammered violently,
painted immortal heart with a canvass of confusion,
deliberate dillusions of misconceived minds in deep despair,
conceived in wedlock, 
perceived to be a bastard child.

Here stands a child woven with cloaks of name tags, 
shadows that need not the sun to appear but even in that gloomy darkness they glow.

Here stands a child who once bled in hallows and dungeons, 
places unforeseen in valleys of unspoken dreams and visions, 
unspoken questions of what was, is and will be...

I am born of a woman, 
oceans of tears have crafted routes of an identity kept under rocks, 
like ink stains they remain prominent scaring the most fragile part of all.

I am born of a woman, 
through it all I gave way to the past that was painted across fading clouds of superficial thoughts, 
I leaned on a shoulder harder than a rock softer than any cloud in the sky,
put my faith in something more solid than any gem existing,

Kneeled at the feet of a healer who chooses, not the act that was but, the purity of the heart.

I am born of a woman, 
salt of the nation, 
who gave birth to a new tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. "I leaned on a shoulder harder than a rock softer than any cloud in the sky" - The power and truth in that. Wow. I love you art :)

    ReplyDelete